MTBA WILL PAY $500 TOWARD SHIPPING FOR HORSES WHO WANT TO RUN IN MASSBRED RACES AT FINGER LAKES
The Department of Agriculture is reminding everyone that yearling foal registrations must be received by May 15th. The Form can be downloaded from this site at Application Forms in the left column. In addition DOA asks that you indicate if the foal is registered in another state.
Spring racing will be conducted at Finger Lakes again. Boston races will start JUNE 9, Belmont Stakes weekend. The spring Massbred races are posted below. Also the FL HBPA will be paying the $2500 ($1500 in 2017) insurance for all owners. The 2% JCIF charged for each massbred race is reimbursed at the end of the meet.
FINGER LAKES UPDATED SPRING SCHEDULE Races 1, 2, 3, and 5 are $25,000 purses, Race 4 is $50,000.
1. April 30, The Patriot Handicap, 3YO and UP, 5f Weight restrictions apply
2. May 1,The Miss Patriot Handicap, Fillies and Mares, 3YO and UP, 5f Weight restrictions apply
3. May 14, ALW, Mass Sire Race, 3YO and UP,6f Weight restrictions apply
4. May 21, ALW, George F. Brown Sophomore Dash 3YO, 4 1/2f Weight restrictions apply
5. May 28, ALW, 3YO and UP, NW of sweepstakes, 1 mile, Weight restrictions apply
NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
April 26, 2018, 6:30 PM
E-mail MTBA@comcast.net to add an item to the agenda. The meeting will be open to the general membership from 7:00 to 7:30 PM for open discussions. The remainder of the meeting will be closed.
©MTBA 508-252-3690 Email the MTBA@comcast.net
Massachusetts Thoroughbred Breeders Association
175 Littleton Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824