The Department of Agriculture is reminding everyone that yearling foal registrations must be received by May 15th. The Form can be downloaded from this site at Application Forms in the left column. In addition DOA asks that you indicate if the foal is registered in another state.
MTBA WILL PAY $500 TOWARD SHIPPING FOR HORSES WHO WANT TO RUN IN MASSBRED RACES AT FINGER LAKES
Spring racing will be conducted at Finger Lakes again. Boston races will start JUNE 9, Belmont Stakes weekend. The spring Massbred races are posted below. Also the FL HBPA will be paying the $2500 ($1500 in 2017) insurance for all owners. The 2% JCIF charged for each massbred race is reimbursed at the end of the meet.
SUFFOLK DOWNS condition book: June9 and June 10
FINGER LAKES UPDATED SPRING SCHEDULE Races 1, 2, 3, and 5 are $25,000 purses, Race 4 is $50,000.
FINGER LAKES Racetrack, in order to increase betting interest and the competitive nature of the races as well as to provide consistency in the program, has made the MTBA spring races all handicaps. The previous set of conditions were not altered. Detailed conditions and nomination forms are available below.
1. April 30, The Patriot Handicap, 3YO and UP, 5f Weight restrictions apply
2. May 1,The Miss Patriot Handicap, Fillies and Mares, 3YO and UP, 5f Weight restrictions apply
3. May 14, The George F Brown Handicap, Mass Sire Race, 3YO and UP,6f Weight restrictions apply
4. May 21, The Young Patriots Handicap, 3YO, 4 1/2f Weight restrictions apply
5. May 28, The Boston Tea Party Handicap, 3YO and UP, NW of sweepstakes, 1 mile, Weight restrictions apply
NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING changed to:
May 24, 2018, 6:30 PM
Victory Bar and Grill, Dedham, MA
E-mail MTBA@comcast.net to add an item to the agenda.
The meeting will be open to members only from 7:00 to 7:30 PM for open discussions. The remainder of the meeting will be closed. Below is an excerp from the 12/15/2017 minutes.
A motion was made that anyone guilty of unsportsmanlike behavior be removed from the meeting and not be allowed to return for 1 year.
©MTBA 508-252-3690 Email the MTBA@comcast.net
Massachusetts Thoroughbred Breeders Association
175 Littleton Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824